Makhunwan Sub-District Administrative Organization
1. General information
Makhunwan Sub-District Administrative Organization is located in Moo 5, Ban Makhunwan, Sunpatong district, Chiang Mai with only 6 kilometers away from the Sunpatong District Office and 30 kilometers from Chiang Mai.
Area and boundary
The North borders with Tambon Makhamluang
The South borders with Tambon Banklang
The East borders with Tambon Maeka and Tambon Makhamluang
The West borders with Tambon Banklang
Total areas are about 9.51 square kilometers or 3,749 rai of land.
Most of areas are the flatland with best conditions for cultivation practices.
The fine weather can be discovered all year round. The cold season generally starts from the end of October – January with rainfall and cool weather, an average temperature at 10-15 degrees. The summer starts from February – May with hot and humid weather, an average temperature at 30-40 degrees. The rainy season usually starts in June – October with much rainfall and cool weather, an average temperature at 19-25 degrees.
1.5 Administrative division1.6 Population (Data at 2006)
There are 5 villages in Tambon Makhunwan as follows;
Moo 1 – Ban Sunsaimoon
Moo 2 – Ban Khunkong
Moo 5 – Ban Makhunwan
Moo 6 – Ban Dongpasang
Moo 7 – Ban Dongpa-ngiu
There are 2 villages in Tambon Ban Klang Municipality as follows;
Moo 3 – Ban Phrabaht
Moo 4 – Ban Muangpinong
|Name||Male||Female||Total||Number of households|
2. Economic condition
Most villagers live their life by laboring and farming like longan orchard, paddy field and raising cattle such as pigs, chickens and cows.
2.2 Business units
- 2 Gas stations
- 2 Rice mills
- 32 Grocery shops
- 20 Industrial factories
- 13 Cattle units
- 2 Beauty salons
- 4 Garages
- 3 Cargoes
- 6 Pickled-vegetable units
3. Social condition
The education is managed with different levels.
- 2 Primary schools like Ban Muangpinong and Wat Dongpa-ngiu schools
- 2 Child Development Centers like Wat Dongpa-ngiu and Ban Muangpinong centers
- 5 Newspaper Serviced Centers in each village
3.2 Institutions and religious organizations
- 6 Temples
Moo 1 – Wat Sunsaimoon
Moo 2 – Wat Thoongtoom
Moo 3 – Wat Sompoi
Moo 4 – Wat Makhunwan
Moo 5 – Wat Dongpa-ngiu
Moo 6 – Wat Dongpasang
3.3 Cultures and traditions
The annual cultures and traditions can be classified as follows;
1. The annual pagoda bathing, Moo 1: Ban Sansaimoon, Moo 2: Ban Khunkong,
Moo 5: Ban Makhunwan, Moo 6: Ban Dongpasang, Moo 7: Ban Dongpa-ngiu
2. The Loy Krathong Festival together with contests like small krathong vessels
and grand krathong vessels and child beauty contests is held during the 12th full moon
each year. This festival is organized in every village in this area.
3. The Songkarn Festival and a tradition to pay respect to the seniors on every
13-17 April each year.
4. The Annual Offering and Candle Procession
3.4 Public Health Care
- 1 Health station located in Moo 5, Tambon Makhunwan (3 medical staffs)
3.5 Life and property safety4. Fundamental services
- 1 Disaster Prevention Unit
Transportation in this area is convenient and accessible. Most of the roads are
paved with concrete. Only the roads to rice fields and branch roads are still non-asphalt.
- 7 Public telephone booths
2 booths each for Moo 1 and Moo 6
1 booth each for Moo 2, Moo 5 and Moo 7
4.3 Electricity4.4 Natural water resources
- Residents in this area are fully serviced with electricity from the Regional Electricity Center, which is responsible for maintenance and repair. Only the rice fields and orchards lack the electricity.
- 1 Swamp in Nongpachu, Moo 1, Ban Sansaimoon
4.5 Man-built water resources
1. 221 Shallow wells
These wells are best for consumption with enough and clean water all year round.
Alternatively, residents can be dependent on the village’s running water system.
2. 632 Deep wells
These wells is for consumption all year round.
- 120 wells in Moo 1, Ban Sansaimoon
- 4 wells in Moo 2, Ban Khunkong
- 130 wells in Moo 5, Ban Makhunwan
- 258 wells in Moo 6, Ban Dongpasang
- 120 wells in Moo 7, Ban Dongpa-ngiu
3. 5 Village running water systems
The system is for consumption and agriculture in the responsible area.
4. Other information
The irrigation canals are found in Moo 1, Moo 2, Moo 6 and Moo 7, totally 558
4.1 Natural resources
- Soil resource is abundant and best for farming.
4.2 Grouping units
- National Defensive Unit
- National Security Support Unit
- National Power Volunteer
- Public Health Volunteer